Meet This Momma - Kim

Monday, September 19, 2011

Meet This Momma - Kim


Meet Kim!  Aka my bff.  lol.  No joke we were totally separated at birth, it's scary sometimes how much we think a like.  I think ANY time I tell anyone I am going out with Kim tonight "uhoh" is the first thing that comes outa their mouth.  bahahaha.  But I wouldn't have it ANY other way!!  We are double the trouble but we know how to have fun!!  I got to be there when Kim delivered her cute little boy Landon and she was right in the waiting room when I delivered Stella.  Now that we have kids it might make it harder to be there this time around, but we are both going to do our best!!  So head on over to her cute little blog and check out her adorable family and hubby who is just too good to be true to her.  But like I said, she is MY bff, so back off.  lol.
--------------------
Name: Kim Luke
Age: 24
Number of Kids: 1 and 3/4. :)
Names (and meanings): Landon Craig- Landon because I liked it, Craig is my awesome Father in law's name! Layla Ann- Layla because I liked it, Ann is mine & my Aunt Karen, my grandmother, Dane's grandma & sister's middle name (and my bff's too!!!!!)
Age of kids: Landon turned 2 in June; Layla is due September 28th.
Number of desired kids: Woo, that's a tough one! I always said I wanted 3-- but I am VERY MUCH content with 2!!!
Natural (epidural?) or C-Section: Landon was Natural-- YES, getting an epidural was the best decision for me!!!!! I loved my anesthesiologist!!! lol I am hoping the same this next time around!
Breast, Formula, or both: Breastfed for 8 weeks, then formula.
Cloth or Regular: Regular! Target brand, duh! I have no patience for cloth diapers!
SAHM or Work (doing what?): SAHM for 2 years. Recently decided to take a position back at the airport and work part time! so far so good!!!
Something that people don't know about you: I'm pretty much a open book, so I don't have very many secrets. If there is anything you want to know, ask! :)
Your biggest parenting secret: I google everything. I mean, EVERYTHING!!! 99% of the time I will try and figure it out for myself on google before I call the doctor. I swear that's what she does anyways!! lol
Show us your pregnant self before giving birth:
Here I am moments before delivering Landon!
A picture of your kids:
Landon & "Layla" hehe
A picture of you and your hubby/baby daddy:
The best piece of parenting advice you have ever been given: Every single woman who has a child has their own opinions on the "right" way to raise a child. Listen to them, smile and go out about your business. if you don't agree-- just let it go. You're the mommy, only you know what is best for you and your child!!!!!!!
--------------------
Totally with you on the parenting advice.  Some people just think they know it all don't they.  Just smile and nod and move on.....  And yes, PTL for Google.  Or Doctor Google.  lol.  Can't wait to meet sweet baby Layla, I just love her already!!  Thanks again Kim!!

2 comments :

Kim Luke said...

I think you cheated and did this before and saved it to post at another date.. lol

love you bff!!!! <3

Cassie said...

ha, yes, yes i did. whoops. sorry! and it was supposed to post on monday, idk why it did a saturday post. sorry!!