Meet This Momma - Laura

Monday, September 19, 2011

Meet This Momma - Laura


Meet Laura, from Everyday Easy.  This super crafty and very susie homemaker is one to follow.  I see her post her great ideas and think to myself, oh geesh, why did I not think of that, that would make my every day so much easier.  Ha, I wonder if her and her sister were thinking that when they came up with her blog name.  lol.  Though I don't know Laura in real life, only blogger world, I think we would get along great.  So make sure you check her out!!
---------------
Name: Laura Ventura
Age: 29
Number of Kids: 1
Names (and meanings): Kayla Marie. Kayla means beloved, Marie is my middle name as well.
Age of kids: 11.5 months, will turn one on September 27.
Number of desired kids: 2-3. Most likely just two, but if we end up with only 1, I would be perfectly happy.
Natural (epidural?) or C-Section: Natural with an epidural. I planned to get to 5 cms before I got it. Luckily for me, when I arrived at the hospital and got checked I was already at 5, so I told them to hook that up!
Breast, Formula, or both: Both. I exclusively breast fed for the first 7 months, then gradually started substituting nursing sessions for formula. I was officially done with breastfeeding at 11 months.
Cloth or Regular: Cloth 90% of the time. We use sposies for night time and trips.
SAHM or Work (doing what?): Both. I work 3 days a week in as an office assistant for an orthodontic supply company.
Something that people don’t know about you: I love the Twilight series, True Blood and the Vampire Diaries. Luckily I have several close girlfriends that also do, so we go see the movies together!
Your biggest parenting secret: Be silly!!! Kayla love, love, loves it when I get down on the floor and crawl around and just play and be silly with her.
Show us your pregnant self before giving birth: 37 weeks, 5 days before she was born.
A picture of your kids: This pretty much sums it up :)
A picture of you and your hubby/baby daddy: This is from when we were young, and good looking. :)
The best piece of parenting advice you have ever been given: It will get better! I was told this a lot when I first brought her home, and it is so true! Those first few weeks I was so sleep deprived, I assumed that was my life for now on.
---------------
Ok first of it took me forever to figure out what sposies are.  Ha, disposables.  Duh.  Good for you for doing the whole cloth diaper thing.  More power to ya!  And yes, it WILL get better.  I always think, it won't be like this for long.  It's so true!!  And PS only going 37 weeks, jealous, you look so tiny and so cute!  Thanks again for playing along Laura!!

1 comments :

Ashley Mitchell said...

Ummm...i was gonna google sposies. LOL