Weekend Wrap Up

Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up


Friday night again, I have no idea what we did. I think just laundry and made dinner. Honestly, can’t remember at all. And I think Lacie came over for a little bit.
Saturday was the Race for the Cure. LOVE doing that. This was my 5th year doing it and it’s amazing every.single.year. We were up bright and early and leaving Red Bud by 6:30. The weather was perfect, a little bit of rain, but that didn’t stop the crowd of people!!
This view is breath-taking every year. Amazing how so many people can come together for one cause. Truly amazing.  After the Race we headed home. Josh had tickets to the Wille Nelson Country Throwdown Concert that was in town. Stella and I thought we would be good sports and drive him and Nick out there so they could have a good time and then Josh’s Mom was going to bring them home. Well, traffic was HORRIBLE. We left the house a little before 4:00, I was thinking oh maybe gone for 45 minutes. Yeah no, we FINALLY got back home at little after 7:00. And yes all we did was drop them off. It was crazy! Redneck city for sure. But everyone was having a good time, so that’s all that matters. Stella was OVER being in her car seat but I wasn’t about to up the redneck points and get her out of her seat while we were driving (really it was just stop and go traffic, but still). Well, after we finally got out of the parking lot and were heading home we decided to stop at McDonalds. I go to get Stella out of her seat and yikes, pee everywhere. She had some soaked pannies and one FULL diaper. But again, up-ed the redneck points and changed her in the car in the parking lot and brought her into McDonalds in just a diaper and t-shirt. Ha. We shared a chicken nugget meal and some sweet tea. I could NOT tell her no on the sweet tea. She freaking LOVES it and well I just made her sit in a piss pants for god knows how long. She DESERVED the sweet tea. After that she was a much happier camper. We got home and played with the dog outside and relaxed the rest of the evening.
Sunday Josh promised Stella and I breakfast at CK. We let him sleep in and took at walk at 7:30 that morning. It was BEAUTIFUL outside. Perfect weather. We came back, woke Daddy up and headed to eat. After breakfast we cleaned house and painted Stella’s room. Yep, STILL not done. Whoops! But making progress. My goal is to have her room “done” by July and hopefully sleeping in there around the beginning of August.. We will see. While we were doing that we got a text from the Wilgrafs saying they were having a BBQ that afternoon. So Stella and I headed to the store. We grabbed some Watermelon, baked beans, and brownies. Man it was perfect Watermelon too. And it was Stella’s first experience with it. Ha, needless to say it works just as good on babies as it does on humans. It cleaned her out. PTL it was Daddy’s turn to change her. lol. We enjoyed a nice relaxing evening with good friends and some AMAZING food. Once Stella started laying her blankie down on the asphalt and closing her eyes we thought maybe it was time to go home. Lol. You can tell this girl needs a sibling SOON!! She is acting more and more like the dog every day. Lol. JUST KIDDING!! We got home, got cleaned up and jammies one. And everyone was snoozing by nine.

3 comments :

Adrien said...

I can't wait to see Stella's room! I LOVED the weather on Sunday. We definitely lucked out for Evelyn's party...I was afraid it was going to rain for a while there. You just reminded me that I have a watermelon on the counter that I need to cut up. :) Love the melon, hate the sticky mess that comes with it!

Cassie said...

Adrien, I saw you and your family out walking on Saturday and I was like "wow she really is super woman, planned and had that birthday party TODAY and now out doing her 12 mile walk." she is woman, hear her roar! lol. you go girl!!

Cassie said...

whoops, i mean SUNDAY!!**