Morning Dad, Here's My Diaper....

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Morning Dad, Here's My Diaper....


Usually Stella sleeps every morning until I am done getting ready and then I go in a get her up. 
USUALLY.  I would say maybe two times a month she is up before I am done getting ready. 
Well for some reason this morning God knew I had to be up early.  Usually I am hitting the snooze until 6:30 and then trying to get two people ready in 30 minutes.  However today I was up and outa the shower by 6. 
Good thing because I needed the extra time. 
I was in my bedroom and I heard Stella over the monitor.  Josh said he would go get her.  He walks in and she is standing up in her crib with her diaper in her hand.  WHAT!!!  Ha yes, her diaper.  We still have no idea how it got off.  I mean she went to bed last night just wearing a t-shirt but she has done that many of times.  Of course the diaper was wet but we had no idea how long it had been off. 
The first thing that came out of Josh's mouth was, did you change her diaper in the middle of the night and then leave it in her bed?!?!
Ummm, excuse me?!  First off, I have never ever changed her diaper IN her bed, and second off NO, I am not that crazy.  I'm pretty sure I have mastered the one eye opened diaper change at 3 in the morning.  I know to take one off, throw it away, and put one back on. 
But I did NOT get up last night. 
She did this ALL herself. 
Well of course her shirt was soaked and her bedsheets were too.  So good thing Mommy was almost ready because Stella was going straight to the tub for an AM bath.  Daddy stripped her bed and threw everything in the laundry. 
I guess tonight she will wear pants to bed, might even put a piece of duct tape on her diaper and we will see what happens. 
Either that or we are going to invest in a potty chair REAL SOON!!

5 comments :

Kim Luke said...

holy crap, I swear our kids are so much alike!!! This morning I woke up to the sound of a diaper opening. and I roll over and all I see is a boner. Yes, my kid gets morning wood, and he isn't even 2. another joy of having a boy. lol
no more tshirt and diaper to bed for Landon either!! Lol
(ps. hope Landon doesn't read your blog 15 years from now, he might hate me. hahaha)

Adrien said...

Haha, I think all kids do this eventually. Now that she knows how, there's no turning back! Pants do help...some days it's the only way I can get Evie to wear a diaper. :)

Kim- you're hilarious!

Jackie said...

This is so funny....A few months ago I went to get Loreli out of the crib and her diaper was undone inside her pants...still a mess though!

sblind2 said...

OMG Kim, that happens to Brody too!! He's not even 2 yet! The first time it happened I'm like OMG....Is that what I think it is (I didn't know that happened to lil boys at such a young age) and he just grinned so big!! Bahahaha

Mirella said...

Hahaha this is really funny.
Children can really surprise you, Sometimes you think huh how did you do this?

Big hugs from the Netherlands