Weekend Wrap-Up

Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a weekend.  We all know how Friday day went.  Well, I tried working at CK on Friday night and wow-wee, that was just a bad idea.  Got up Saturday and just kinda of hung out around the house with Stella.  Stella LOVES to hang out in front of the door. 
Anyone who walks by she is always trying to get their attention or if they see her first they wave and wave.  She gets so excited, it's so cute.  When the neighbor lady's older daughter pulls up to her house and Stella is at the door she just eats Stella up.  The other day she had some people with her and the three of them were damn near standing in our front yard giggling and waving at Stella.  I think they get more excited than she does sometimes.  lol.  It's too funny.  And last night, it was totally in our favor.  Seems as if our kid has won over their hearts and last night was one of their birthdays and they just happened to have two pieces of ice cream cake left over that they brought over for us.  Can you say, AWESOME!!  Love good neighbors!
Josh had to go work on his car Saturday monring so we got to just be girls.  Well, kinda.  I woke up, made pancakes for us and burnt the heck out of them.  Of course.  So we were over that.  Nana decided maybe we should just leave breakfast up to CK, so we did.  Then we came back home and went on a walk.  Man oh man, it was so nice.  My Mom pushed Stella in the stroller and I took Abbie.  Lordy, Abbie was out-of-shape.  Her tongue was dragging the ground three-fourths of the way through.  When we got home, I don't think Abbie left the couch the rest of the day.  I was feeling "ok" by then, so I decided to join some friends for lunch who were in town for the weekend.  Bless their hearts, they probably thought I was dieing on something.  I don't think they have ever seen me like that.  I was in pain, I did not feel good, I was just a mess.  I thought about stopping at Old Navy before I headed home, but I could barely even walk so I just decided to head home.  The only comfortable place for me was to be laying down.  And that's pretty much where I stayed the rest of the evening.  Sunday I woke up and for the first time in a LONG time, I could say I felt GOOD!  I ate breakfast, everything was good.  Ate lunch, even better!  Stella and I had plans to join some friends and their kiddos at the playground for a little play date.  YAY!  Stella's first time at the park.  Horrible, I know, but come on people, she was born in February.  We had a GREAT time!!
It was a little chilly, but the kids all kept their hats on and ran around like little monkeys!!  We need to do this more often!!  By time we were on our way home I had a sleeping beauty before we were even out of Waterloo.
I don't know why but she totally looks like she is 'pretend' sleeping.  lol.  Too cute.
Once we got home, we relaxed for a bit and then Kacie and Brent came over for dinner.  We hadn't seen them in forever and we enjoyed their company.  Stella just loves them!!  Of course we also heard Dairy Queen calling our name from across town, so we had to answer.  And it was delicious!!  We ended the night with a visit from Grandpa Steibel who taught Stella a new game called, Throw My Binky.  And now she throws it everywhere.  Thanks Grandpa, when she throws it and we can't find it and she's screaming her head off, we will know who to call!!  Love you.  lol.  Hope you all had a good weekend!!


Katie said...

Love the picture of Stella on the slide!

Adrien said...

Oh my gosh, I feel like I spend half of my life looking for pacifiers. I'm glad the play date went well!! I hope we can be there next time. :)