5k The Hard Way.....

Monday, September 27, 2010

5k The Hard Way.....


Sunday morning came with quite the headache....not a good way to start off the day.
I got a little drunkie at the wedding on Saturday night.  Ok, really drunkie.... Don't remember the ride home, and woke up on the couch at 4 a.m. still wearing the clothes I wore to the wedding and not really quite sure how I got there, WHOOPS!  I thought maybe some Country Kitchen breakfast would do the trick and help out my "situation."  So we headed there with Aunt Lacie to re-pay her for watching Stel the night before.  We finished up there about 9:30.  I decided I was going to take Abbie with us since it was for the Humane Society and when I picked up the packets on Friday they said they had 80 dogs signed up.  Abbie would just LOVE it.  So I filled up a big old thing of water, took some Excedrin, strapped on my shoes, got Abbie ready and headed to Columbia.  I was feeling a little bit better.....
11:00 came before you know it and we were standing at the starting line.  I just kept telling myself, you don't have to be first, you just have to finish, and finished without puking.  Ha!  So off we went!  Abbie was doing great.  Part of the course was through town and part of it was out of town.  We ran all of the way to the first mile marker before we (ok, Abbie) needed a break.  She is seriously OUTA shape.  I was literally running ahead of her and she was dragging behind.  Yes, quite the site.  At one point I was even carrying her and trying to run.  GREAT!  And even better, it started to rain.  And for those of you who know Abbie, she HATES getting wet.  OMG, when we go on walks around town she will walk AROUND puddles, because heaven forbid we get our paws wet.  Seriously, is this even right??!!?  So once the rain started, we were doomed.  She was OVER running.
The results haven't been posted yet, but I believe we FINALLY finished in 44 minutes, so that's around a 15 minute mile I guess.  But I'm not sure.  Needless to say, if I didn't have the dog (and probably wasn't hungover) I could have knocked 10 minutes off of my time. 
Oh well....it was quite the experience for my first 5k that I won't ever forget!
Here is Abbie on the way to the 5k!  Happy happy doggie.  The whole way home, she laid down.  lol.  When we got home, she headed straight for her favorite spot on the couch and didn't move much the rest of the day.  This morning she laid in bed all morning.  Ha, I would say she is pretty worn out.  I guess it makes me feel good that I am in better shape than the dog.  lol.

0 comments :