Workout Wednesday - Food

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Workout Wednesday - Food


happy wednesday!
half way through this HOT HOT week - whew.
erin and i are here to talk about food today.
and boy do we love us some food.
however now that we are really paying attention to things we are trying out best to do everything the "healthier" way.  and so far - i am LOVING it!
make sure you check out erin's blog and how she is making her breakfast amazing!


so here's a few tricks i use.
NO MAYO!!
that's right, NOT even miracle whip.
use mustard.
ok - mustard is gross.
well this is gross.
one tablespoon of mayo is 90 calories!  NINETY!
one tablespoon of mustard is 15.
now what's gross?
but listen, i use it to make my tuna and you can't even tell the difference.
i LOVE IT!
and on sandwiches.
mustard is the new ketchup.  ha.  something like that......
quinoa.
i know i know, how do you even SAY that word.
but it's seriously it's not hard to make - tastes good - and you feel SO different after eating it.
you know unlike chinese food rice.  where in 10 minutes you are bloated as shit.
and in one hour you are starving again.
i do not get it.
anyways, do NOT be afraid to try quinoa.
just do yourself a favor, if you don't know how to pronounce it.....
say it with me now keen - wah.
NOT q-no-ah.  lol. lol. lol.
plain greek yogurt .
my mom has been loving her some substitution of plain greek yogurt instead of other "creams".
she raves about it.
i am going to have to give it a try.
mom - comment with some of your favs please!
turkey sausage/bacon/etc.
ok, ok, bare with me.
seriously - this stuff is good.
i even bought turkey hot dogs one time to see if the kids noticed.
nope.
oh and try cooking it all in the oven and not frying it.
not the hot dogs, the bacon and sausage.
one - easier.
two - cleaner.
three - healthier.
win, win, win!
and seriously, it's good!
wana know what - even jon eats it.
so try throwing it in front of the men in your lives.  i bet they won't be able to tell.
use applesauce instead of oil when baking.
i do this ALL of the time.
and you can't even tell.
whew - ok, so just little things to keep in mind when you are in the kitchen.
little things that make a huge difference.
good luck!

6 comments :

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out. To the people who read Cassie and Erin's blogs. I will tell you I am not a fan of flavored yogurts, but Greek yogurt work for me. I put it on top of my sliced strawberries and blueberries in the morning. Instead of sour cream I use yep Greek yogurt. I put it on my baked potato, when I let myself enjoy one. I also use it instead of sour cream in chili. Plus I added to my chicken salad recipe instead of mayo, it added a nice sweet taste to the chicken salad. I also use it when I make my egg frittata. 4 scrambled egg whites, 2 whole eggs, greek yogurt, feta, spinach. Spray your muffin tins good. Bake at 350 for about 25 mins. Light, fluffy and delicious. Enjoy.....

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

So I totally call it q-no-ah!! Good lordy!! Umm I need some recipes with it..I have never tried it. I am off to google! Me and him are bffs!

Meagan said...

NO turkey bacon!! Real bacon is actually better for you since the turkey version is mostly processed & it usually has a lot more sodium in it. I mean think about it, what part of the turkey does bacon come from? It doesn't!! You can't cut a strip of bacon off of a turkey like you can a pig.

Amanda aka Manda said...

I love turkey anything instead of the regular. We started that 10 years ago when my dad had his heart attack. So I'm all for the stuff. Like your mom, I love greek yogurt. They have some AMAZING greek yogurt popsicles too by the way. And definitely going to try to make some quinoa soon!

Jackie said...

I use Greek Yogurt all the time instead of Sour cream and Mayo....its great on taco's! Also what Meagan is SO SO SO true! Real bacon is a protien! I use to bake mine but now I make it on the grill and let me tell you....heaven in my mouth! SO GOOD!!!

Unknown said...

I'm trying to get more active in reading other's blogs rather than obsessing over writing my own ^_^ lol. Love the post! Had to pop in to ditto Meagan and Jackie, turkey bacon is definitely something to avoid beings it's processed and turkeys don't actually produce bacon :). It's all about real food! Love the mustard vs mayo - I'm gonna have to try it with tuna! Homemade mayo is a great sub too, then you're avoiding all the processed crap and unhealthy ingredients, and it's super simple! But still high in calories if you're counting, so in that case yay for mustard :)