This Is Stressful

Thursday, December 20, 2012

This Is Stressful


hi my name is Cassie and i'm 50/50 on the whole 'world ending tomorrow' thing.
i mean my grandpa does have a cave if need be, but that's a whole different story.
made we will talk about it if the world doesn't end.  but then i might get kicked outa the will.
but seriously this weather, and this world - things are getting crazy!  and stuff like that makes me believe.
but then i slap myself up the head and think ok, this is silly.  and then i don't believe.
anyways..... what if this is really our last day?  and this is my last blog post....
this is stressful.
i need this shit to be good!!  i need this day to rock.
i mean i did eat ice cream before noon and in my books that's a GREAT day.
Ben and Jerry's - chocolate chip cookie dough.  go big or go home, the world's ending for pete sakes.
followed by McDonald's for lunch.  because WHY NOT.
and if the world doesn't end tomorrow - you can find my booty at the gym working all this junk off.
just kidding - i don't go to the gym.  ever.  i have two kids, i don't sit down.  they are my gym.

so do i go and get all sappy on everyone?  i could....  but we all know i don't cry or have many feelings.
do i air all my dirty laundry and confess some secrets?  oh.... that would be REALLY fun.
or maybe i'll hold off on paying ALL my bills until Saturday.  because i'm such a rebel.  ha.
do me and S&H get buck wild tonight and buy and do whatever we want?  Disney here we come!!
who wants to join - i'll rent a cargo van and drain my savings!

ok see what i mean this is just getting silly.
but maybe i can end all of this "what ifs" with expressing a bit of my soft side.
especially since it's like five days before Christmas.
oh god, here it comes, those damn emotions, so here we go.
if the world ends tomorrow i am thankful for...

my kids.  holy smokes am i ever thankful for them.  they have changed my life for the better.
each and every day is truly better because of them!  even at 4 a.m. when they just wana cuddle with momma or at 10:30 p.m. when they are still up watching barney (for the fourth time).

my parents.  for the way they raised me and the values they instilled in me.
it's because of them i strive to be the best parent i can to my children.  maybe because i'm scared they might do to me what i did to you guys.  ha.  sorry......

my sisters.  they aren't just my sisters.  they are my best friends.  even if i did hang up on one of them yesterday and make the other one a honey do list for me.  thanks again sisters, sorry i don't have a husband to take my frustration out on or make run my errands.....

my family.  the steibel's have quite the tight bond that i can only pray to have in my family someday.  just maybe not the gambling addiction.....lol.

my friends.  the ones i've had since grade school.  high school.  college.  and beyond.
they are awesome.  and they have probably all seen me cry, pass out, get a bloody nose, or fall down and yet they are STILL my friends.

josh's family.  they are great to my kids!  they can choose to feel the way they feel about me, to each their own.  but as long as you are nothing but great to my kids, then you are great in my book.  so thank you!

my job.  gosh dang it i love my job.  not many people can say that.  and for six years i am extremely happy that i can say that!

my therapist.  thank you for not admitting me.  yet.

connie (the baby sitter).  my goodness my kids love you.  and a parent wants nothing more but to know the person who is taking care of their kids while they work their kids adore.  and boy do they!!

and all you readers.  the closet ones.  the followers.  the guys.  i get awkward and shy when i found out someone i know in real life reads my blog, but hearing, i just love her blog, makes me so happy!  thank you!

alright - well, i'm off to do wild and crazy things just in case it's my last day.
anything you have planned to do JUST in case......?!?


8 comments :

keepingupwithkristen said...

I'll go to Disney with you guys!!! Can I please drive the van?!

But seriously, loved this post. Your little notes to everyone were sweet : ) And you've also made me feel like I need to eat some icecream too...just in case, ya know?!

Unknown said...

I agree the way everything is going the end of the world is coming soon but I believe we are safe for today. just keep me posted on the cave ...

Adrien said...

Haha, I am 100% certain the world is not ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in Australia, and one of my friends has informed me that there is no fire and brimstone raining from the sky. :) Whew! But it doesn't hurt to live every day like it's your last, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

I knew it those ARE caves!!! hahah




Kim Luke said...

Disney!!! YESSSSS!
between your family, mine and kims, the van is full!! Lol!

Saturday we shall celebrate! :)

I'm so thankful you deal with my crazy life. you always have the answers, and you give them to me even if i don't want to hear them. i love you for that.
i love you are so real, honest, caring and just flat out freaking amazing! thank you for keeping me balanced. well, somewhat!
lovie you!

The Pink Growl said...

All I have to say is the world better not end while my ass is at work tomorrow! At least wait until 5:30 so I can get to a bar with a beer in my hand. LOVE YOu!

Christine said...

You are so freaking funny! I'm laughing the whole time I'm reading this. I think I'll take a page from your book and grab another cookie or five.

Jamie said...

We're still here!