Seven Questions

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Seven Questions


i don't really have much for today so i found a fun link up.
you know because everyone wants to know so much more about me.
right?
right!!
kidding.
enjoy!

Funny Photo:
this TOTALLY explains the parade on Tuesday.
ali is all excited and ready for the parade.
stella is clearly saying, 'where's the candy' and 'is this thing over yet?'
ha.  oh well.

on to the questions!

1. What do you do when you're sick?
(Do you act like a baby? Tough it out? Have any weird cravings? Cry?)
i tough it out.  depending on how sick i am, but usually just tough it out.
i hardly take a "sick" day.  if i do by noon i feel bored and guilty and kick myself because i should have gone to work.  and meds, i NEVER take meds.  and i never go to the doctor.
home remedies and patience do it for me.

2. What do you do to find motivation when you feel you've lost it?
ha - lately, i've lost it.
but i think i'm finding it again.  slowly but surely.
i just re-group.  look at the big picture, try to be the bigger person and figure out what is most important.
ok and i usually have a good crying spell too.
you know that ugly cry that you don't want anyone to see.  ha.

3. Do you wish time away or do you savor every moment?
SAVOR.
i have learned this ever since i had my second child.
with your first yeah it goes by fast but you don't realize until you have that second one and you are like holy cow where did the time go?!
those long sleepless nights and bottle washing every evening SUCK but they go away too fast and i'm going to miss them.
wait until you hear your child tell you they don't wana cuddle and lay down for bed with you - ugh - you will learn to savor those little moments of cuddle time.

4. If you could be any mythological creature, what would you be, and why?
oh goodness, this means i would have had to pay attention in school.
i do like the Disney movie Hercules so we will go with someone from that movie.
ridic - i know.
'who put the glad in gladiator.....'

5. What is your current biggest weakness and are you working on fixing it?
uh oh - i can be a bit of a control freak.
you know i just like it when things go my way.
i may be 25 and guilty of still stomping my foot here and there.
but again - i have learned to LET GO and it will BE OK.
and well, usually it still ends up going the way i wanted it to anyways.  lol.

6. How do you greet someone when meeting them for the first time?
well we all know i don't hug ANYONE so we can cross that off the greeting list.
i usually say, 'hi, nice to meet you,' followed by the ever so confident hand shake i was taught at hickey college.
seriously women - shake hands like you mean it.
that flimsy tip of the fingers hand shake shows you are weak, scared and not confident.
shake it like you mean it.

7. How do you grocery shop? 
(Do you write up a list? Go in with no idea what you're looking for? Have meal plans? Bring your own shopping bags?)
ha, here comes the mom in me.
i of course always have a list and then my associated coupons, in order, paper clipped together.
i am pretty good about sticking to my list and only buying what i have a coupon for.
90% of my target trips i end up saving $30 or more.
i should be better about bringing my own bags, did you know Target gives you 5 cents off of each bag you bring if you bring your own bags, but i just don't have time for the.
kids, diaper bag, list, coupons AND my own bags.
no way!

well - this was fun.  and know you know all kinds of important information about me.
i also need to send a big happy HALF birthday to lacie today!
six more months until the world ends, or snooki has her baby.
which ever way you wana look at it.
and a happy happy anniversary to k&b!!
happy margarita Thursday!

7 comments :

Hannah Mayberry said...

The good ol' firm Hickey College handshake. Seriously, it was almost like a separate class for the proper way to shake a hand.

Anonymous said...

Good ol Hickey hand shake! I feel like when I do give a good hand shake especially to a guy he has to give his strongest hand shake back. Come on buddy your 5 times my size can you go a little easy on me?!!

Im also a foot stomper. Although I dont realize Im doing it until someone points it out.

Happy half birthday Lacie!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the anniversary shout out! :) Margarita Thursday.....yummy! Hoping (and praying a little) Brent gets off work at a decent time so he can take me to Tequilas. We had tequilas to go last week....you are so right, damn that was good! And I could order all I wanted and no one would judge me :)

Sami said...

30% off at Target?! Teach me your ways woman!!

Katie said...

My dad always taught me to give a firm handshake...I've gotten a lot of comments about it, too. So I'm with you on the not giving girly tip of the fingers handshakes to people.

However, I'm a big baby when I get sick. Anyone who even looks at me will hear about how awful I feel. I'm a complainer :(

Anonymous said...

im a control freak too ;) its definitely a weakness & really something i am trying to work on. as an only child, i naturally think my way is the best ;) it usually is but sometimes i gotta learn to give in a little! love this post!!
xox happy friday!

Gentri said...

haha! I'm totally guilty of the floppy handshake. I don't usually shake hands, so when i do I feel weird. haha!