Weekend Wrap Up

Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up


We are really starting to get the hang of this two kids thing.  It's really surprising pretty easy.  We have learned to get Henry ready LAST.  Usually if he gets ready first it's guaranteed that he will need an outfit change.  Ha, so he's earned the stop of last to get ready.  So on to the weekend.
Friday night Kacie and Brent came over for dinner and to put together my stroller.  Ok, and MAYBE a few other to do items.  Sometimes my husband needs a buddy to help him get through his projects.  Not that he can't successfully do them on his own, but I feel a little safer knowing he has someone with a little more experience "helping" him.  Ha, so thanks again Brent!!  The kids LOVE their new stroller and so does Mommy.
Thanks again Adrien for recommending this!  It's not joke, ridicously lite!  I do not feel like I'm pushing two kids around at all.  And Stella just LOVES that her brother is right next to her.  Henry's carseat doesn't snap into it but it lays far enough back and he is happy go lucky.  We took it up and down the street on Friday night and Henry christened it by crapping himself.  Ha, you know you have a boy when.....lol.
I snuck this picture of K&B.  My kids just LOVE them and they are so good to them.  Thank you guys so much for being such an awesome Aunt and Uncle to Stella and Henry!!  See, even Abbie likes you guys more than she likes us.  lol.
Saturday Josh had to work so we decided once everyone was fed and had their morning crap we would take out the stroller for our first official walk.  And it was a success, YAY!!
However, I am a little freaked out.  I'm running a 5k in 5 days and I tried running a bit on Saturday.  Yep, totally peed a little.  Ha, good thing this 5k is at night, hopefully I can pull of some depends and sweatpants.  lol.  Just kidding.  We spent the rest of the day just hanging around the house.  I was kinda getting stir crazy and was ready to get out for a bit so I texted Erin and she was out, YAY.  So I got ready and enjoyed a few beers with some good friends.
Sunday was our first attempt at church with two babies.  I was NERVOUS!!  We were headed out for Tenley's baptism.  And PTL everyone did AWESOME in church.  YAY!  And Tenley did so good with her baptism, way to go girl!!  She had an awesome party with tons of friends and family.  After the party everyone was whooped so we all took a bit of a nap.  Then Katie and Kathy came by and boy oh boy did they get a show.  Ha, Stella was wound up and just wanted to be naked.  Ha, thank you both for dealing with the zoo so well.  lol.  Hopefully she grows outa this naked stage soon.  lol.  We ended the night with a walk with Aunt Lacie and all sleeping babies by 9:00.  Happy Momma.

8 comments :

Heather said...

I love the "once everyone was fed and had their morning crap". That made me choke on my Hawaiian Punch.

Ashley Mitchell said...

I was surprised at how easy it was to transition to two babies as well. I say babies, but my one "baby" is almost 5 so I'm sure it was a bit easier for me.

Adrien said...

Aww, they look great in it! Yay for the blue mobile! Hehe. :)

Cassie said...

ha heather it's so true. we don't go anywhere until at least one kid has pooped. it's the best for everyone.

Unknown said...

Awww, I love those kids so much! Thank you so much for letting us be such a big part of their life! Can't wait until October 8th (and a little nervous too! haha)

Andrea Ingles said...

You are amazing for running a 5K already!! That's great!

Jackie said...

I agree Heather...too funny!
You are awesome for running a 5k this soon after Henry!...just awesome! Good for you...and the whole peeing thing really never goes away...at least for me it hasn't...lol!!!

Lara said...

I'm still tossing around the double stroller thing but seeing your kids all tucked and ready to go makes me want one. Good Luck on the 5k! You will do great, I'm sure.