Meet This Momma - Jessica

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Meet This Momma - Jessica


I would link you to Jessi's blog but well, she doesn't have one.  But that's ok.  She gets a free pass because she is my cousin.  And we do that for family.  Because we are thicker than thieves.  Not really, but I love that Caroline Manzo from the RHONJ says that.  May just be my favorite line.  Anyways, back to Jess.  (And yes I have just called her by three different names now, again, we are family, I can do that).  She has a little girl named Ali who is just too stinkin' cute.  Her and Stella go to the same sitter.  When Stella first started going there Ali would yell at anyone who called Stella "Stella" according to Ali, her name was "Baby Stella."  Ummm, hello get it right kids.  She's her cousin, she would know.  lol.  Gotta love kids!!  Oh and Jessi's husband Kevin can no joke do the best Crocodile Hunter voice EVER!  He may have just used it as a pick up line when they first met, ha, kidding.  Anyways, on to Jessi.....
--------------------
Name: Jessica Eschmann goes by Jess or Jessi (with an I)
Age: 28
Number of Kid(s): 1
Names (and meanings): Ali Marie. We liked the name Ali, no it’s not short for Allison!! Marie is my middle name, as it is my mom’s and it was my grandma’s name before she changed it to her middle name. Yes seriously my grandma changed her name to Erna Marie.
Age of kids: 3 yrs, she was born 7/31/08
Number of desired kids: 3, I see 2 being it though
Natural (epidural?) or C-Section: C-section, I was induced, and after 12 hours and no progression past a 4 c-section it was. Best thing ever, and once she came out she was a triple cord, so I was very blessed for the c-section.
Breast, Formula, or both: Breast fed for 2 weeks until we realized that Ali’s cyst was caused from my hormones, so we switched to formula.
Cloth or Regular: Regular, Pampers were our favorite!
SAHM or Work (doing what?): Work, I work for Allsup Inc. in Belleville , IL , we help people get their social security disability.
Something that people don’t know about you: Pretty sure I won’t be spilling that secret, but I have a huge issue with textures, of materials and foods, and I hate buttons on shirts! I refuse to wear them, yep, I swear they smell!! Don’t judge, you all have weird things also!
Your biggest parenting secret: Ha, sad but I really don't have one. We are just trying to raise Ali the best we can. One thing that is working for us lately is called Ali's Good Chart, each day (M-F) that she has a great day we put a smiley face on the chart and at the end of the week if we have more good smileys than sad smileys she gets to pick a prize from the Prize Bucket. All items are from Dollar Tree or Happy Meal toys so later when I toss them, it's no loss.
Show us your pregnant self before giving birth:
A picture of your kid(s):
A picture of you and your hubby:
The best piece of parenting advice you have ever been given: Remember that just because one thing worked for another mom, it may not work for you. Each person/parent and child is different. You just have to find what works for you.
--------------------
Thanks Jessi!!  PS - love the way back picture of you and Kevin.  Ha, oh the days before kiddos!!  And yes, PTL what works for one Mom may not work for the next.  I wish some Moms thought of this before they spoke like they know what works for EVERY kid.  Because not a single one of them are the same.  So a good thing to keep in mind for sure!!

0 comments :