Letters To Stella

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Letters To Stella


Stella, today you are 13 months old.  You aren't much of a little baby any more. 
You are a walking, talking little girl
You try to be so independent, it's adorable.  Every morning you try to put on your own shoes and when you can't quite get it you get frustrated and hand me the shoe like, "ok you do it Mommy."  I love that you still need me, but love that you try so hard to do it on your own.  I can only hope to help you grow into a strong and independent young lady.
You are such a loving and caring person.  You give the best hugs and you seem to know exactly when to give them.  I remember the first time you looked at me and then hugged me so tight around my neck.  I got all cry baby on you.  It was the sweetest thing ever.  Don't ever stop giving those hugs, you have no idea how much they mean. 
You can light up a room with your laugh and personality.  You get so excited to see the ones you love and care about no matter where we are; a restaurant, at home, out shopping or at daycare.  Nothing beats coming to pick you up, walking in the room, making eye contact with you and you dropping whatever you are doing to come to me wearing the biggest smile.  Makes any bad day disappear.
Recently I have been looking for ideas for your big girl room.  I just can't put my mind around you being able to get out of your bed and coming to me and Daddy, instead of us coming to you.
I say this every time and I'll say it again, I thank God every day that he chose me and you to be together.  You light up my life more and more every day.
I hope you continue to love, smile and laugh the way you do now until you are 100 plus years old.
Thank you baby, for being so you and making me so happy to be your Mommy.
I love you,
Mom

0 comments :