O - Yeah

Monday, February 14, 2011

O - Yeah


So I have this friend that I sometimes get crazy ideas to do things with. 
Her life is super spontaneous and well, so is mine. 
It's nothing for her to be like, going to Canada next week. 
Like what, do you even KNOW someone in Canada? 
Or getting tattoos on my 18th birthday together. 
Just crazy stuff. 
Totally a friend that everyone needs to have. 

So recently she was like ok, this is Oprah's LAST season.  I do not care if I have to go and see the freaking Pope, I want to go to one of her shows.  So I did a little research, found her website where you can try to "apply" for tickets and started trying.  Rejection after rejection.  We got our hopes up REALLY high when we tried the first time only to get the, sorry you were not selected, e-mail.  I mean no joke here people, it's like a "hey hey pick me, pick me," out of about 23956298 people.  It's hard.  Soooooo about 5290898 times later (not really, that would probably classify me as a stalker), it happened! 
We GOT through. 
We GOT the e-mail saying "you have been selected."
Bam - come this Friday!
Wow-wee! 
Holy smokes. 
Pinch myself is this real?!!? 
Ahhhh, it's happening. 
Book the hotel, gas up the car, check the tires, we are heading to Chicago THIS WEEK!
For The Oprah Show!! 
I love my life. 
So we are high tailing it out of here Thursday night.  Sleeping in a ridiciously over priced hotel for like what 6 hours, get up, be there no later than 7:30, and the taping is over by 11.  It's going to happen so fast I am not sure if I'm even going to believe it's real. 
So here's to another amazing spontaneous adventure with Maranda!! 
Ahhhhh, I can't wait!

5 comments :

Heather said...

Soooo jealous that you're going to Chicago. You suck.

Ashley Mitchell said...

Sooo jealous you are seeing Oprah. You are so lucky. Can't wait to read the blog about the trip!

Meagan said...

I'm with the other two....I'm sooo jealous that you are going to Chicago AND you get to see Oprah!!

Litney said...

WOW that is awesome for you two! do you know what the show is going to be about?

Cassie said...

Thanks!! We are super excited to go. I'm not for sure who is going to be there. I'm just super excited for the experience!!