Happy 1st Birthday Stella!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Stella!


Stella, I can not believe that a year ago today you came into my life.  (Well, almost a year ago, you were born at 8:02 p.m.).  I worried non stop about being a Mommy.  Would we bond instantly, would I know what to do or would I be a good Mommy.  Without a doubt the minute you were placed on my chest I fell in love.  But it was a totally different kind of love.  Something so strong, something I had never felt before.  The past 40 weeks and 1 day were nothing compared to this feeling that immediately came over my body.  I was a Mommy and everything in the past did not matter.  I had a whole new world placed in my hands and learned to love in a way I did not know was physically possible.  Someone once said the pain you push out of your body during birth is the old you being pushed out and that is such a great way to put it.  You have taught me so much about myself and changed my priorities for the better.  I could not imagine my life without you.  You make me extremely happy and I'm so glad that God chose me for you.
I have done a lot in the past year I never thought I would do.  I pretty much wear snot every day, I'm pretty sure I can pull it off extremely well.  I have contemplated dirt or poop under my nails.  I have changed some bad diapers without gagging (which is a huge accomplishment for me).  I have gone nights with barely any sleep.  And I have tried my best to pull off the "I know what I'm doing" look. 
You have been blessed with extremely good health (knock on wood).  You are so happy all of the time, you smile like crazy and LOVE any attention you can get.  You love your doggie and you two are going to be awesome bffs.  You light up my life and I thank God for you every.single.day.
I hope you have a great first birthday and I wish you many, many more.
I love you, 
Mom

3 comments :

Heather said...

So cute...I wanted to click "awww" like, 9 times.

Happy Birthday Stella!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Cas. This post made me cry! You are an amazing mother. Stella is so lucky to have you as her mother. I love you both!

Melissa Cheek said...

I am crying too! Damn pregnancy hormones!