Yearly

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Yearly


I have some exciting news I can't wait to share with you all, but it will have to wait until next week.  Strict orders.  But eeeeee I'm sooooooo excited.  Like can't wipe the smile off my face when I say it, excited!!

Anyways, a little humor......
Calling my OBGYN
Cassie(C) - Hi, Dr. S delivered my daughter in February and I can't remember if I am supposed to come back for my yearly a year after I had her, a year after my 6 week check up, or a year after I had my yearly.  Does that make sense?
Receptionist(R) - Your last name please.
(oh they are always so friendly, and do I really need to go into the whole Kathy thing.  With a C, not a K.  And one Walter, with an A, no S.  Ugh.)
C - It's Walter.  W.A.L.T.E.R.  Cassie.  C.A.S.S.I.E.
R - Ok, Casey.
(really lady?)
R - You should have been back for your yearly when you had your last one.  So in July.
C - Whoops, well I am 5 months late.  Not like 5 months LATE, but I should have gotten that done 5 months ago.
R - Ok, we can make you an appointment.
C - I really don't get why it's not a year after I had my 6 week check up.   That's the last time he checked it all out, ya know?  I mean that makes the most sense to me, but whatever, I'm not the doctor.
R - We have a 12:00 appointment open on Thursday.
(did you really just hear anything I said before that?)
C - I'll take it.
R - Ok, see you at noon on Thursday.
C - Thank you.
Click.  Oh, some people just love their jobs don't they!

P.S.  Sorry if it's a little TMI for you.  But I thought it was funny.  And I know a few of my other Mom friend's were like hmm, I don't remember when I was supposed to go back.  So now you know.  And I know you totally agree that coming back a year after your 6 week check up makes the most sense.  Oh well.

3 comments :

Beth said...

Interesting, they did my "yearly" at my 6 week visit.

Adrien said...

I just saw the doctor on Tuesday for my six week, and I have my yearly in April. It's so annoying, but I'm assuming It's because they don't do a pap at your six week check up...at least my doctor doesn't. :/

Meagan said...

I'm with Adrien....my dr. didn't do a pap at 6 week check up after I had Keegan so it doesn't count as your "yearly". It probably has something to do with your insurance too...most insurances will only cover one of those examines a year.

btw...I'm pretty jealous as to how soon you were able to get in!! My dr. is impossible to get into...I book mine a year in advance!! lol Oh, and thanks for leaving us hanging with the good news!