Weekend Wrap-Up

Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's that time again for the weekend wrap-up. First thank you to those few brave souls who made their confessions lol, and thanks Mom for the kind words!!
We were on the go so much this weekend.  Whew, wore me out!
Ok, well we didn't go anywhere Friday, at least I don't think we did, I can't remember.  I swept and mopped the floors and no joke, just yesterday I was looking at them thinking, what the world, I just cleaned these.  Oh the joys of a dog and hard wood floors.  If anyone has any good hardwood floor cleaning suggestions, PLEASE let me know!
Saturday we were up bright an early (7:30 a.m.), thanks baby.  We made some breakfast and enjoyed some family time then Stella and I were on the road to Advance, Missouri to visit with the Limbaughs.  Stella did great on the ride (hour and a half one way) there and back!  I have the best little traveler (knock on wood)!!
I love visiting with Kristen.  Even though we don't get to see each other that much, the second we meet up, it's like we spend every day together.  We have a great friendship!  I loved our friendship even more this weekend when she cleaned out her clothes and gave me some clothes (swwweeeeeeett)!! 
Stella and Tyson had a good time playing with each other, at least I think they did......
Even though Stella is older, (ok only 2 days) he does so much more!!  He is such a big boy going from back to front and front to back, from laying down to sitting up, AND he is just about ready to crawl!  YAY Tyson! 
Hopefully the couple hours we spent together got Stella thinking, "hey, maybe I should do that too."  But if not, it's ok Leo the Late Bloomer, we will sit and wait for you to bloom as patiently as we can. 
We did start a new thing though, it's called, let's unpack my diaper bag!  Yay!
We had to be back in town by 6:00, but of course, we were late, because well, I'm always late.  But we had to get everything ready because, deep breath, Stella was having her first over night trip with Grandma and Grandpa Walter.  I thought ALL DAY about it.  It was just breaking my heart to know that she wouldn't be there in the morning when I woke up.  Ugh, it's so hard!!!  But I had a come to Jesus and I told myself I can do this.  So we drooped her off around 7:00 p.m. and we went to have dinner with some friends.  I needed a nice cold Coors Light RIGHT AWAY to deal with this.  We went out and had a good time with good friends, but she was on my mind all night long!  The next morning I woke up at 8:00 a.m. and was ready to go and get her!  We were there by nine and she was so happy to see us.  Nothing is better than when you walk in the room and your baby's face looks at you and smiles!  Melted my heart.  Only took me 7 months 9 days.....
We headed home to attend a Discovery Toys party.  Stella got to play with a cute little baby there and we ordered some new toys.  Then off to the Catholic School for some bingo and chicken and dumplings.  We didn't have any luck at bingo though.  Josh took Stella home (since she's not18 yet and can't legally play) and he was supposed to meet me at 3:30 so we could go to Waterloo for our class and Stella could hang out with Jessi, Kevin and Ali.  Well, Stella had other plans, we had two blows out in the top and bottom drawer.  Poopies and yack everywhere.  So needless to say we were stressed out and didn't go.  Oh well, the joys of babies!!  
Hope everyone else had a good weekend!!  We have so much going on the next three weekends so we will be busy!  Stayed tuned. 
P.S. 10 followers, I'm stoked!!  Thanks guys!!


Kacie said...

Oh my goodness! Those captions of Stella and Tyson are so funny!

Cassie said...

Hahaha, glad you enjoyed them! I was cracking up writing them. I think I figured out exactly what they were thinking!! lol.