You Say Tomato, I Say Bloody Mary.....

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

You Say Tomato, I Say Bloody Mary.....


So last night we "attempted" our own pasta sauce.  It was a pretty easy process to say the least, but I just don't know how this stuff is going to taste.  I can at least say, I tried.  I will let you know.  But it was quite the learning experience.  When it comes to preparing the tomatoes, boiling them for a few seconds, putting them in ice water, the peeling was super easy!  Ok, Josh did that part, but then I cored and cleaned them out, which seemed to have taken FOREVER.  The 40 something tomatoes we started with looking like a handful of them by time we were ready to cook.  We thought we had enough tomatoes to use two packages of the Mrs. Wages, so we put both in.  Holy garlic!  It was STRONG!!!  So we added one can of drained diced tomatoes.  I don't know if that helped anything, but it made me feel better.  They are freezing now.  We will probably make spaghetti Friday night, this could either be nasty as hell spaghetti, ok spaghetti, or really freaking good......we shall see.

0 comments :