Weekend Wrap-Up

Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up


We did a ton of running this weekend, but had a good time. 
Friday night Aunt Danielle came in town.  She played Mommy for awhile because I had to work at Country Kitchen.  She gave Stella a bath and helped put her to sleep.  Once I got home though, she made it very clear that she enjoys the practice with Stella because she has a lot of learning left to do.  I think her biggest problem of the night was how to swaddle Stella after she got out of the bath tub without getting a wet.  Needless to say she got all wet but it was her first attempt.  lol.
Saturday we got up and got ready to head to the mall for some shopping.  Stella, Danielle, Lacie, Veronica and I headed to the mall.  This was Stella's first shopping trip!!  Our first stop was Old Navy.  We got out the stroller and head into the store.  Of course she does not want to sit in the stroller so she gets held most of the trip.  By time we leave there my arm is getting pretty numb.  Our next stop is the mall.  I said, since we didn't sit in her stroller in Old Navy I am not going to push it around the mall, I will just carry her.  No big deal right, WRONG!!  I thought, most stores have chairs/seats and there are benches galore outside of the stores, I will be fine.  Well, I don't know if it was National No One Sits Down Day or what but there wasn't a bench/chair/sofa in site!  WTH!  I swear in American Eagle they used to have a couch in there.  Nope, no anymore.  I swear about every four or five stores in the mall there was a bench outside, wrong again.  Needless to say by the time we left the mall I had lost ALL FEELING in my arm.  I will never, I repeat never, go into the mall again without the stroller.  After the mall we enjoyed lunch at TGI Friday's, because of course, I had a coupon and then made our last stop at Target.  Stella slept most of the way home, and well, so did everyone else, except me, only because I was driving.
Once we got home we had about an hour to relax and get ready to go to Buckmasters.  Nana was coming over to watch Stella while Josh and I tried to win some guns and hunting stuff.  While we had no luck, it was a really good and fun evening.  Buckmasters is a really great organization and they put on such a nice event every year.  As redneck as it may sound going to it, I am glad we get the opportunity to go year to support them.  Thank you again to Dave and Rita for being a sponsor and inviting us to go.
Sundays are usually Stella's days of sleeping till at least 8:00.  Well, not this Sunday.  She was up bright and early at 6:00.  Mommy tried to sleep until 7:00 but Stella didn't think that was a good idea.  She was a little cranky and the only person that she wanted was Momma.
Then Aunt Lacie and Nana called us to go and try out the new Tequila's in Red Bud for lunch.  It's really nice in there, but when you walk in the front door is seems as though everyone is starring at you.  Well, it's Red Bud so of course they are, but still it's a little much to handle when you walk in.  All in all we had a really nice experience there, and yes we did have to try out the margs and they were fantastic! 
Stella got to spend the evening with Grandma and Grandpa Walter while Josh and I went to our financial class.  The topic of the class was Dumping Debt and man oh man do they get into it.  I am full force ready to dump my debt!!  My goal is to have $6,000 paid off by Stella's 1st birthday!  That's 3 credit cards and one student loan in about 6 months.  Whew, crazy, but I am ready to tackle this!  I am going to save save save and kick the crap out of my debt.  I am SICK of it!  If I can get those paid off, then I am left with just one student loan and my car payment.  Awesome!!  So then my next goal will be to get my car paid off!! 
Here's a crazy thought, our whole class had to write down their amount of debt on a piece of paper and then our teacher added up our debt.  We have a class of about 20 people and our debts, NOT including our homes, were almost $300,000!!  That's about $15,00 in deb PER PERSON, O-M-G- that's sickening!!  That's just student loans, credit cards, and vehicles!!  CRAZY!! 
The class I feel is really helping Josh and I both with our relationship and just with our outlook on life.  It's crazy that 52% of marriages in today's economy end in divorce and 40% say because of money issues.  I do NOT want that to be us, and I am so grateful that this class is opening our eyes to all of this.  Seriously, it's just common sense stuff that people in today's economy doesn't want to listen to.  So watch out, soon Josh and I will be calling the Dave Ramsey show saying, we are DEBT FREE!!

0 comments :