Toy Story

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Toy Story


So we had a little incident at the daycare yesterday.  When Josh went to pick up Stel they told him that a toy was throw and hit Stella in the head.  Ok, well, this is the story that Josh TOLD me.  So when we finally get to talk and he is home from the daycare, I freak out.  I am thinking, thrown, like flying across the room, thrown and then bonk, right on Stel's head.  And then I am thinking huge heavy toy, like ouch that's going to leave a mark.  So of course I am freaking Josh.  Josh hardly knew any of the story and barely asked any questions.  Just told me she got hit, has a little red mark on her head and they applied a cold compress.  So I am at the Cardinals game and of course leave right away because I am freaking out about her.  I get home within an hour to find her without a mark on her head.  Just fussy.  So we finally get her to take a nap and I try getting more information out of Josh and he still is telling me the same story.  By this point the daycare is closed so I can't call to get the details.
Anyways, so this morning when I go to drop Stella off at the daycare I ask her teacher if she could tell me the REAL story of what happened yesterday.
Come to find out, a little girl who is just starting to crawl and pull herself up on, crawled over to Stella's bouncy seat she was sitting in and began pulling herself up, I am guessing to look at her.  Anyways, she also had a small toy in her hand while she is trying to do this.  In this whole process the toy was dropped out of the little girls hand and fell on Stella's head.  Stella didn't even cry (good tough girl we have)!!  Her teacher said that the other teachers all just stopped and just kind of waited for Stella to just bawl, but she didn't.  Her teacher said she had a little red mark on her head and they applied a cold compress and within the hour the mark was gone.  Whew, that story was MUCH easier to digest than, a toy was THROWN at Stella.  lol. 

Oh the joys of parenting............

0 comments :