Jon and Cassie DIY.... again!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Jon and Cassie DIY.... again!


it's the most wonderful time of the year!
it's warming up and i am getting the itch to start some projects.
let's make this clear, JON is getting the itch too.
he secretly LOVES this stuff.
and LOVE that all of you love his work.
and trust me, i do too, he is so handy and it's AMAZING!
so monday i showed you that we decided it would be a good idea to just rip up the carpet at 8 p.m. on a sunday night.  and a few of the steps while we are at it.
and well, monday night we decided to add a closet.
so now we have a pretty whole in the wall.
we.are.crazy.
but we are excited!!
sorry for the bad pictures.  they are just iphone photos.
i had a good video, but jon said, "oh $h!t!" during it, not the best for wana be DIYers.  lol.

so you know all i really wanted as just a simple hole in the wall.
cut the hole, insert a door frame, add a door, boom - done.
now cassie, you have worked in construction for seven years.
WHEN are you going to learn 

so now it's wednesday, almost all of the floor is laid in there.
i am hoping to have a finished product photo tomorrow, right babe?


this might be our biggest project...
i am obsessed with this look, jon, not so much

maybe this will be a better option?
ahhhh - we will see.

stay tuned!

8 comments :

Sarah said...

HAHAHA I love this!!

And you should know..with men things are never cut and cry simple :)

sblind2 said...

At first I was like ... oh they painted the hall green - CUTE - then I realized it was the pic - lol

Anonymous said...

We painted out basement stairs at the last house. Keep a magic eraser handy for shoe marks on the kick plates colored paint or white. I LOVE the second picture of the stairs though.

Unknown said...

I CAN NOT wait to see how the finished projects turn out! I love the idea of adding a closet in the hall, too. You two are awesome!!

Loving the stained treads with breadboard raisers <3

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Cant wait to see it!! I am dying for some stripes - Hubs refuses to paint them. Can I rent John?

Amanda aka Manda said...

I LOVE what you did in the hallway. I can't wait to see the stairs...bc if they work, I'm doing that at my house too! ;o)

Adrien said...

So fun! I think adding the closet is an awesome idea - can't wait to see it!

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

I think that you should totally paint those stairs!! It would look amazing and FUN!!! I wish I had a handy guy like Jon...I want to do a project and Josh tells me to go call Brian (our handyman)!!! LOL I can't wait to see the after photos!!