Meet This Momma - Abbey

Monday, September 5, 2011

Meet This Momma - Abbey


Hold on to your pants people, this Momma may just blow you outa the water.  She is a Momma of twins, one boy and one girl (how perfect!!).  And she seriously makes me go, "How does she do it all!!"  I envy her.  No joke.  She make it looks so easy and isn't afraid to take those babies ANYWHERE.  Plane ride, not a problem, Washington DC, heck yeah, Baseball Game, why not, Volleyball Practice, of course!  Shoot, I freak about doing that with one kid.  I'm not joking people, you can read all about it on her blog. 
Check out Abbey and her ADORABLE little babies over at The Journey of 4 Miles.  And how cute is that name?  Their last name is Miles and they have twins.  Ha, perfect!  Double Miles.
--------------------
Name: Abbey Miles
Age: 28
Number of Kids: 2 (Boy/Girl Twins)
Names (and meanings): 
Layla Jo - My middle name is Jo...I'm named after my aunt "Jo"
Stephen "Jaxon" - Jax is the 8th generation of "Stephen Miles"
Every other generation takes the Stephen name, the other goes by their middle name.
Eg. My husband is "Stephen Eric Miles" - called Stephen
My baby boy is "Stephen JAXON Miles" - called Jaxon or Jax
Age of kids: 4 Months - Born March 15, 2011
Number of desired kids: ?? As of right now....2
Natural (epidural?) or C-Section: Scheduled C-Section at 36 Weeks w/ spinal
Breast, Formula, or both: Breast - Pumped for 6 weeks. Formula since
Cloth or Regular: REGULAR
SAHM or Work (doing what?): I'm a Middle School PE teacher and LOVE every second of it!! Who wouldn't love playing kickball for a living!!
Something that people don’t know about you: I care WAY.TO.MUCH about what people think of me.
Your biggest parenting secret:
If your babies are super fussy - bordering on out of control - Hold their hands together at their chest for a few seconds...Something about it calms them it is amazing!!
Show us your pregnant self before giving birth: OMG this is BRUTAL! Pic at 35 wks...I was so over it - wouldn't let Stephen take a "BEFORE Pic" day of c-sect
A picture of your kids:
A picture of you and your hubby/baby daddy:
The best piece of parenting advice you have ever been given:
"Schedule, Schedule, Schedule" Especially with multiples, the first 2 months we actually had notebooks for both babies - We kept track of feedings (time & amount), sleeping (naps & bedtime), diaper changes, any and all other information regarding each baby. It helped amazingly well!
We also decided right off the bat to keep them on the exact same feeding, sleeping, and playing schedule - If one baby woke up we woke up the other...I know sounds crazy but if not the first 2 months I wouldn't have not slept 1 minute!! 
--------------------
See what I mean people.  Breastfed for 6 weeks with TWINS.  She had me there.  Thanks again Abbey!  Your babies are just adorable.  Keep up the good work!!

1 comments :

Unknown said...

Love this! =) I am amazed at both of you! So proud of the mommies Abbey and Cassie have become! Love you both!!