9 Months

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

9 Months


Happy Nine Month Birthday Stella Ann!

I truthfully can NOT believe that my little baby is NINE months old today.  Nine months?!  Seriously, the time has just FLOWN by.  Yes I know, I think I say that every month, but seriously, it really does seem like we just brought her home just a few short months ago and I was nervously thinking am I doing this right?!  But I think, so far so good.  We have truly been blessed with an amazing, happy, super awesome baby girl and I thank God every single day for her. 
Here's are a few of Stella's milestones....

She crawls.....everywhere....including into the dog kennel.  Nasty, I know.
She pulls herself up on things.  Her toy box (ottomans), her crib (we need to lower it TONIGHT), toys, chairs, etc.  Just yesterday I walked into daycare and there she was just standing next to this circle center they have in the room.  Bittersweet.....
She eats like a mad woman.  Don't tease her with one jar of baby food.  You better have another one within arms reach.  She is on 3rd Foods and does super good with them.  She isn't too much into he textured foods but she can down a jar of squash in record time.
She isn't too much for the bottle anymore.  She would rather have food.  But when she does take a bottle she takes 6 ounces, again, in record time.
She loves Puffs, Yogurt Melts and Crunchies.  Mom's pocket book does not, holy hell $3 for like 25 yogurt melts, I think she can eat some Cheerios instead.....
She sits in her high chair every night while we eat dinner and she gets to try what we are eating.  Last night we had Chicken Parmesan, she has some rice with spaghetti sauce on it and did good!!
She is still wearing Size 3 diapers, however I just took the last box to daycare.  Unless I get a really good coupon, we are going to start on Size 4 once we run out.  We have TONS of Size 4 diapers now that Ms. Ali is potty trained and we got her leftovers (thanks Ali!!).
She says dada dada dada to everything.
She also says baba baba, I pretend like it's mama.  lol.  I can pretend, right?!?
She smiles like crazy.  LOVES people watching, no idea where she got that from.  She really does though have such a great personality.  ALL of the ladies at daycare just love her.  They are always showing her off.  When we are walking to or from her room, they are all "Hey Stella" and she just smiles and smiles.
She has the cutest little laugh ever.  I love love love it!
She LOVES looking at herself in the mirror.  Again, no idea where she got that from.  We have a big mirror in our living room and I will hold her on my hip and then hold her up and then take her away from the mirror and she just cracks up.
She loves books, things that she can clap together, things that she can flip back and forth and Abbie's dog toys.  lol.
She pretty much wears all 9 months clothes.  A couple 6-9 month outfits.  Nothing 9-12 months yet.
Shoe size, ha, I have no idea.  She never wears shoes.  I know I know, we should start her on it, but I am bad about it.
She only has two teeth.  These past couple nights though you would think she would have a whole mouth full by now, but nope.  Still only two.
She usually sleeps all through the night, unless she is teething.  But if she does wake up, she usually takes one bottle and back to bed.  She goes to bed around 8:00 and wakes up anywhere between 5:00 - 6:00.  Can't complain at all!!

We go on Friday for her 9 month check up so we will have all kinds of stats to share next week.  I think we might tip the scales at about 20 pounds.  OH well.  I would rather have a healthy chunky baby than a skinny minnie.  But all in all I think she is right on track!!  I think tonight we will celebrate with some ice cream!

4 comments :

Katie said...

=) She does so much!! You really did get lucky with such a happy, beautiful little girl. You did forget to add that she is already into guys! She loves to stare at the guys. hahah dont tell her dad that yet.

Katie said...

oh and LOVE the pictures at the top of the post.

erin said...

I personally get a little freaked out by the pictures on the top... the term first one is ok though for a long long time :-) she is just so big!

erin said...

Where did term come from? Whoops...