Weekend Wrap Up

Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up


Nothing too exciting again for us this weekend.  Not even a picture to post.  Boo.
Friday I had to work at CK, washing dishes, that's right, felt like I was 15 again.  I seriously do not mind washing dishes at CK.  I think it may just be the easiest job there! 
Saturday sleeping in went out the window.  Seriously I don't think anytime in the last 8 months I have slept past 8:00.  Geesh.  Anyways, missy was up bright an early at 6:05.  Woohoo.  So we were up eating some breakfast by 6:30.  You would think by 8:00 someone would want to take a nap, nope, so we went for our three and a half mile stroll around town.  Whew it was HOT!  I had Stel bundled in a cover because I thought, well it's 8:00 in the morning in October, it's going to be chilly, boy was I wrong.  I was pulling that baby off of her before we even got to the main drag.  Then we came back, changed clothes and loaded up the car to meet the Luke's to go to the Pumpkin Fest in Waterloo.  It was a perfect day for it!  Crafts and pumpkins galore!  We turned the corner to head down another row of stands, and then I spotted something.....a bow stand.  Yes, that's right, hair bows!  Those adorably huge ones with big flowers and sparkling gems.  Someone hide my wallet!  I did pretty good though. I only bought ONE bow, but of course Stella tried on at least 15.  However, my big headed baby (poor thing) can't wear the cute little beanie hats because her head is just so darn big!  lol.  We will blame that on Daddy.  After we pulled ourselves from that stand we ventured to buy some pumpkins and of course kettle corn!!  After we were crafted out we loaded up the car to check out a friend's new house and head for some lunch.  We headed home around 2:00.  When I got home I was miserable.  I had a pounding headache that led to me "blowing a few chunks."  Sorry, TMI.  I couldn't get ahold of Josh because he was hunting.  So there I was, head in the toilet, crying my eyes out, with Ms. Stella sitting on the bathroom floor playing with her toys.  God love her.  I FINALLY got ahold of Josh and told him to get home ASAP.  When he arrived he took Stella and I went to bed.  I woke up about 2 hours later and felt like a whole new woman.  Ugh, those headaches that make you sick are NO FUN!  We were supposed to attend game night with some friend's but Josh said no, I was sick and we weren't going anywhere.  Party pooper.  We were all in bed by 8:30 that night I think. 
Sunday missy was up bright and early again.  It's so hard to be a cranky morning person when you walk into her room to find her laying there smiling up at you!  :)  I signed up to run another 5k on Sunday at 9:00 a.m.  This time I wasn't hung over, and I was NOT bringing the dog.  They had a great turn out and a great day!  I ran a good majority of the race, finishing in 31:03!  That's right, I beat my time by FOUR minutes!!  I totally and completely blame the dog.  lol.  I didn't think anything of it and didn't stick around for the awards.  Come to find out, I got 3rd place in my age group (20-29)!  Sweet!!!!  How many of those ladies just had a baby 8 months ago, that's right?!!?  lol.  Just kidding.  So I was on cloud nine!  I drove back up there and got my medal, and then they said, wait, we need to get your picture.  Are you freaking kidding me?!! I'm a sweat ball and I know this baby is going in the North County News.  Greeatt.  Oh well, I was still on cloud nine.  So anyways, went back home, showered, and Stella and I headed to Evansville for a 50th birthday party and a baby shower.  Both were great!  When we got home we both headed straight to bed for a nice 2 hour nap (ahhh, thank you baby!)  Dad of course was hunting until 9:00 at night so it was just me and monkey all night.  We caught up on our Kardashian's and enjoyed some chocolate ice cream!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

0 comments :