50 Years

Friday, October 1, 2010

50 Years


Today is my Grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary and I couldn't be happier.  Not too many people now a days can say they have made it 50 years, they sure have been through and seen a lot!  Tomorrow we are having a huge bash to celebrate and I'm so excited.  Then on Sunday they are renewing their vows in church.  How cute is that?!  I'm sure I will be a bawl bag.  You can so tell that they are still in love and that they have so much fun together.  They love going to Tunica (we swear they have a home down there) and they go out of their way for each other.  Heck, Grandpa even does the grocery shopping, that's awesome!  They have truly helped shape every single person in our family into the people that we are today.  They love every single one of us as much as they can and they are the reason we are such a tight family and why we do so much together.  Going to Disney, Memphis, the Bahamas and  Key West were by far some amazing trips they have taken us on, but nothing is better than having every single person in our family together for celebrations and holidays laughing and being a family.  I hope to pass on to my children and family just like they have done for us.  I love you both so much and hope someday I will celebrate 50 years of marriage too!!

0 comments :