Dave Ramsey

Monday, August 9, 2010

Dave Ramsey


Josh and I started our first class of Financial Peace University last night at the First Baptist Church in Waterloo.  Wow, did we learn a lot.  SUCH an eye opener!  We can't wait to see what the next 12 weeks have in store for us. And we can't wait to get on the road to being DEBT FREE!!
Stella on the other hand, not so much.  The church offers childcare while we attend the 2 hour class.  Awesome.  So helpful!  So we got there early to make sure everything would be ok with little miss.  Well, of course she was sleeping.  So we left her in her car seat in the baby room, with some awesome people, and went to class.  Class started and about 30 minutes into the class one of the room workers came in and asked me to come downstairs.  As I walked out of the class room he said, we got a crier.  I was like oh no.  He said she slept for awhile and when she woke up she started crying and has been crying for about 15 minutes.  We have tried everything.  Walking around, going outside, changing her diaper, everything she just won't stop.  So I walk into the room to find Stella with monster tears running down her face.  She seen her Momma and reaches for me and grips on like never before.  lol.  I calm her down, and try to sit on the floor with her and play.  Oh no, I'm no dumbie Momma, I know if you sit me down that means you are leaving again so the crying begins again.  So we try some more stuff.  Finally the lady said, just take her up to the class and see how she does.  If she gets fussy bring her back down.  So 30 minutes later we head upstairs to see how this will go.  She did great!  We were up there for about 20 minutes and then she got bored and wanted to start talking and making noise.  So we headed back downstairs.  I started playing with her in the room and she was doing great.  I slowly creeped out and stood outside the door for awhile to make sure she wasn't going to start crying again.  I waited and waited and didn't hear a peep out of her.  So I walked back up to the room.  Not even 20 minutes later, in comes the room worker asking me to come downstairs again.  So back downstairs I headed to find monster tears again.  So I got her calmed down and headed back upstairs with her.  By this time class was getting over so we packed everything up.  We apologized over and over to the daycare workers promising it wasn't them, it was Stella and that we would try again next week.....we might have people on stand by next week just in case......
Reactions:

0 comments :